mardi 3 juin 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books On My Kindle For The Beach



Top Ten Books On My Kindle For The Beach
 
Any time on the beach or by a pool this summer will be during the first two weeks of July and the mid week of August. Here are ten of the books I'm hoping to read over those three weeks:
 
Mr Mercedes by Stephen King
 
I love me some King and this looks to be a nice move away from his supernatural books and more towards a standard thriller. Of course, with King, it is always difficult to be sure.
 
Cibola Burn by James S A Corey
 
The writing team of James S A Corey have consistently hit these space opera books out of the park and I'm hoping Cibola Burns will be a worthy addition.
 
Shattered by Kevin Hearne
 
Kevin Hearne and Atticus are very close to knocking Jim Butcher and Harry Dresden off the pedestal of best Urban Fantasy series EVER and Shattered may be the one to do it.
 
The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith
 
Robert Galbraith's 'secret' identity is obviously no longer secret at all. The Cuckoo's Calling was a fantastic faux-noir thriller and I look forward to seeing what Rowling does with the sequel.
 
Son of the Morning by Mark Alder
 
A historical fantasy set during the Hundred Years War setting Edward the Third against angels and demons? I am sooooo there!
 
Lovers at the Chameleon Club by Francine Prose
 
I have only ever read Francine Prose's nonfiction book about reading like a writer, which I enjoyed. Look forward to seeing what she does with fiction.
 
Unwrapped Sky by Rjurik Davidson
 
This one goes on the list for the cover alone - a minotaur?! Definitely up my street.
 
Console Wars by Blake J Harris
 
I was a pre-teen to a teen during the heyday of the Nintendo/Sega wars so look forward to seeing what Blake Harris does with this one.
 
Jack of Spies by David Downing
 
This historical thriller set just before the First World War caught my eye a while back so it is a definite one on my Kindle on the beach.
 
Bird Box by Josh Malerman
 
A horror novel about something that cannot be seen but drives you insane if you do? Chilling! Just what you need on a hot day by the pool! :)

What books are you taking to the beach? Paper or Kindle?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire