samedi 1 novembre 2014

October in the Library


Another month, another drop off of my presence on the blog... (sigh) Sometimes, Real Life really sucks. Mainly due to health problems with my son, I had much less time to devote and as usual with me, instead of posting irregularly I just stopped posting. Still, I was able to get back on the wagon towards the end of the month and got in a good two weeks of posts, which was good. Work is calmer, but we are launching a new computer system which means that there are less people on the actual call centre, so it can get a bit busier than usual for this time of year. Fun, fun, fun... 

In terms of reading, I read a few books that will be somewhere in my top list at the end of the year: The Bone Clocks by David Mitchell, One Plus One by Jojo Moyes and Et Soudain Tout Change by Gilles Legardinier. I'm once again surprised at the lack of fantasy and SF on my favourites this year - nice to see my tastes evolving as I branch out. On the blog, I reviewed eight books and participated in a couple of Top Ten Tuesday memes.

Looking ahead to November, I'm looking forward to Goodreads Choice Awards - I've left my To Read free for most of the month to read as many of the nominated books as possible so as to participate. I did it last year as well, which was lots of fun. 

So what exactly did I post on the blog last month?

Recap

Reviews:












I participated in two Top Ten Tuesdays:




And posted one New on the Library Shelves post:

26 10 14

2 commentaires:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your son's health problems, but I hope this coming month goes better and that you get to read all those awesome books :D

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Aw thanks so much! He's a trooper luckily, always laughing and smiling despite how difficult it gets. Hopefully November will be better! Enjoy yourself! :D

      Supprimer