mercredi 14 mai 2014

WWW Wednesdays: 14th May 2014



To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…
What are you currently reading?
What did you recently finish reading?
What do you think you'll read next?
 


My answers:


What are you currently reading? I'm reading a couple of books at the moment: The Buried Life by Carrie Patel, a pretty good fantasy set in a world beneath the ground, combining decent worldbuilding with a murder mystery plot; Jackaby, a great historical fantasy described as Sherlock meets Doctor Who and which seems to be living up to that so far (!); and The City of Stairs, the new fantasy epic by Robert Jackson Bennett that I have just started.

 
What did you recently finish reading? The last book I finished was Shield and Crocus, which I received as an e-Arc from Netgalley. A Weird fantasy published by Amazon's 47North, it was nowhere near as good as I had hoped, in part due to quite a large number of mistakes, typos and strange character name shifts, which I hope will be cleared up before it is released. Still, it was a relatively enjoyable fantasy/superhero mixer that unfortunately failed to click with me for large parts of the book.


What do you think you’ll read next? Next couple of books I'll be reading: Starting a Star Wars reread all over again since the announcement of the new Expanded Universe and going back to Heir of the Empire, the book that started it all. After that, probably Flirting with French, a memoir about a man who goes to extremes to try and learn the Gallic language (looking forward to this being an Englishman living in France!)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire